One of the most important parts of an email is the subject line, it will make the difference between an email that all your contacts will want to open or an email that will be sent to spam without being opened first. In this article I will share with you some best practices and effective techniques to create email subject lines effortlessly.
The email subject line is the smallest part of every email you send to your prospects; however, it is one of the most important parts of your email. Without an email subject line your prospects will not open the email you put so much time and effort into crafting. Below is a list of best practices and tips for creating effective email subject lines for the automated communications you send from your CRM.
Less is More
If your subject line has fewer words, the more effective it will be; it is very common to give millions of turns to the email subject trying to find more striking options, in most cases the simplest version will be the best option.
Example: "A sales tip for you - Upnify".
Communicate your email content
A big mistake is to create too ambiguous email subjects that do not clearly communicate the content of the email, this type of subject opens the imagination of your readers, which can create confusion about the content they will find inside the email.
Example: "Lead qualification guide - Upnify".
Identify yourself with your readers
Think that your prospects receive many emails every day, the subject of your email is your secret weapon to differentiate yourself in the crowd, that's why reserve a section of the subject to communicate the name of your company.
Example: "Tips to personalize your mailings - SalesUp!"
Don't make false promises
Your prospects will quickly stop opening your emails if you repeatedly make a subject line that has nothing to do with the content of the email, there must be consistency between the two parts. Do not promise in your email subject line something that you are not going to deliver in the body of the email.
Create names for recurring emails
You probably generate pieces of mail that you send periodically to your prospects, newsletters and / or Newsletter are a clear example of this type of mail, so it is best to name them with a unique name that your readers can quickly identify.
Example: "Tips to personalize your emails - SalesUp!"
Copywriting formulas for creating effective subject lines.
- Invite action: Starting the email subject with a verb is an excellent strategy that invites your readers to open your email.
- Ask questions: If you know how to ask the right questions in the subject line, you will generate interest in your readers to know the answer.
- Lists: Lists are always a good option, your prospects will understand that your email will be quick to read, that it won't waste their time and that it will also contain valuable content.
- Repetition of sounds: Play with words that have similar sounds, that is, you can make words in the same sentence rhyme, but without forcing them.
- Brackets: An effective technique to get in touch clearly with the content of your email is to put the type of content in brackets in the subject line. Ex: Buying Process [Ebook].
The formula for success
Despite the relevance of the subject line, don't lose sight of the fact that it is only a part of the email. The formula to increase your email marketing results is to share relevant content for your readers, an attractive subject line, an intuitive design and the automation of your emails through a CRM.
Content + Subject + Design + CRM = Effective emails to increase your sales.